7/13/2020

Cave Exploring - Descend into darkness

This past weekend I went caving in real life. It’s a fascinating sport and a bit mysterious. So, I wanted to seek out some caves in SL.


While exploring today I came across Mount Campion. It is the highest point in mainland second life. Below the ridge is an extensive network of natural caves, an entry point is located here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Campion/153/98/303 There are seven (known) entrances into the cave system, don't get lost.


In SL you can't dig a tunnel or hollow out a cave because land is a one-sided surface. But what you can do is dig a large hole. The hole is then roofed over with stones, or other textured prims, to create a cave. Or you can build a mountain entirely out of prims, with a hollow center.


So, if you think that you may enjoy caving, go check out this beautifully done sim - Mount Campion.


Watch my video clip below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p0Z2jm1Zfg


Hello Elora,

Thank you for your informative blog.   I read your blog post about my build; Mount Campion Caves National Forest.  Thank you so much for your favorable comments!  I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit.  It is so nice when someone takes notice of your work.  The property has expanded since your visit, I hope you will visit again.

Thanks again

Marz  (Mar Scarmon)

No comments:

Post a Comment