Magicland is a Magic Kingdom styled Theme Park for fans of Disneyland. Yesterday they celebrated their 12 year anniversary in Second life with a dance party costume contest.
Current and upcoming events at Magicland Park:
Magicland's Circus on Parade
Take a ride on the Monorail, Star Tours, the Railroad, and much more. Shop, play, or watch a live show in this magical amusement park!
You can view the schedule any time at http://www.magiclandpark.com
Recently I visited this sim, which has been dedicated to the arts & is owned by artist and curator Asmita Duranjaya.
The sim is the home of the cyber-art created by Asmita Duranjaya; it shows surreal fractal cyber-landscapes and some galleries with art-pieces for sale and pieces of Asmita's huge art-collection
There's no magic here, you just have to do the basics of any start up business.
Setting up your Venue
- Deciding on a business model - The number of opportunities available is really only limited by your imagination. I'm a firm believer that anything you want to do can be done. The trick is knowing what you want, finding what others want, figuring out a way to provide both what you want and what your targeted customer base wants and then dedication and patience.
- Designing the performance space - See what is already out there and then think of unique things you might add to the SL experience with your venue.
Examples of in-world enterprises run by residents:
- Party and wedding planner
- Automotive manufacturer
- Fashion designer
- Custom avatar designer
- Jewelry maker
- Real estate
Give yourself and your venue a clear identity and stick with it - people won't always remember the name of where they've been, but they will talk among themselves about going back to "that place that did such and such". Find yourself a unique theme/concept/idea and build outwards from that. It's not even fun sometimes due to the work you have to put into it only to find that no one comes that's where the dedication comes in. Also, be prepared to spend more lindens that you expect to spend getting the word out about your new place.
- Event Planning - you will need to know how to create and mange a group.
- Marketing - You MUST advertise. Where you advertise depends on the nature of your business, but you must find the right places to promote your products. Don't be afraid to try different and multiple approaches.
- Event management - My advice is to find a job hosting at a venue that interests you or is of the same type of establishment you have in mind for yourself. Work your way into managing the venue for the owner. Pay attention to what is required to make your customers loyal enough to keep coming back. Get an idea of just how much goes into making a venue successful enough to justify keeping the doors open.
- Interacting with Promoters, Agents, Managers and Talent - Tell them exactly what you expect of them, and help them into the role. And then show them, by example, how you want them to behave when your back is turned. Each person who works for/with you is an ambassador for your venue - treat them as such, with a good wage structure and a good reward package.
Military Veteran's are very active in SL, and I recently had the honor of meeting and talking with a Staff Sergeant who visited our memorial gardens.
Serenity Gardens Memorial is open to anyone who would like to honor someone special to them. We have special memorial areas for pets, children, adults, and veterans. My SL partner and myself both have experienced the loss of our "RL" spouses, so we decided to create Serenity Gardens to honor our memories, but also to help others honor their memories in SL. We are also working on a support network that will be based in our Reflection Chapel. Our goal is to provide connections and resources for others who may be grieving through SL.
If you know a veteran, or have lost a veteran that you would like to honor, please stop by the Veteran's Memorial in Serenity Gardens.
Rock Your Rack 2020 the annual fund-raiser runs NOW through October 18th – come and support this very worthy cause!
Breast cancer is one of the leading health crises for women. 1 in 8 women, and an every increasing percentage of men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. There is currently no known cure for breast cancer, and its early diagnosis is critical to survival.
As with previous years, supporting designers have been asked to provide a limited edition item, of which 100% of all proceeds of sales go towards Rock Your Rack.
I HOPE to see you there!
With so much to do and see the SL Renaissance Festival is sure to be the biggest virtual event of fall. Joust tournaments, daily live musical entertainment, role play educational classes and so much more.
September 25th to October 4th 2020
The SL Renaissance Festival Strides Benefactor Program provides an opportunity to anyone who wishes to make a higher level donation (L$5,000, L$10,000, L$15,000, L$20,000) to the SL Renaissance Festival and support Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. You need not be a Festival sponsor, merchant or creator, although you certainly can be. You do not have to be part of the medieval community. The one requirement is that you do want to help fight breast cancer !