9/23/2020

Real-world politics in Second Life

The US Presidential election is just a few weeks away. I consider myself politically neutral in SL and I actually never bothered with political signs on my own land. However, there are people having Trump & Biden sign wars as well as posting them along the Linden roads.

Real-world politics are awful enough now many people celebrated the end of what they called “eyesores” as Linden Lab recently updated it's policy on political ads. Personally, I think spam, no matter what the message is, should be forbidden.

I am Elora Mysterious and I approve this message.



The LL terms of service say that a sign on your own house or business in SL is not "networked advertising". LL terms: "Networked advertising", means the use of multiple parcels on multiple regions for the primary purpose of advertising, usually on behalf of other inworld businesses or organizations outside of Second Life. The political sign restriction, as written, applies only to networked advertising. You should still be able to put a Biden, Trump 2020 or Black Lives Matter sign at your own house or business. Just not in bulk on ad sign parcels.

No comments:

Post a Comment