9/05/2020

A Sit-down interview with the Archduke Nicholas of Sapphire Lake Manor

Today, we sit down for an interview with Nicolas at his beautiful home here at Sapphire Lake Manor -Circa 1670 - Destroyed 1799 - Renovated 1987. 


Nicolas's Estate is situated on picturesque land. This unique piece of architecture blends indoor-outdoor living with an emphasis on entertaining. 


Elora: "How did you first discover Second Life?"

Nicolas: "I heard about Second Life 8 years ago on The National Geographic channel a show called Taboo, I found the website and decide to create a avatar."

Elora: "I understand that in SL you have the title of Archduke?"

Nicolas: "Yes, the title was given to me from the owner of a roleplay sim who was part of the Royal Aristocrat Court. Then 
I decided to make my home here have a history. Sapphire Lake Manor was once a French fortress castle dated from 1670. The main structure was destroyed by Napoleon’s army during the French Revolutionary War. The original ruins have been preserved as a monument to this period in French history. Today, only some of the guard tower remains."

Elora: "Have you done all the decorating here yourself?"

Nicolas: "Yes, it is my passion. I enjoy being creative and it is one of my favorite things about SL.  I love to decorate my own homes. As my father always said "A man is truly a man, when he builds his own home the way he wants it!" However, only the gardens and entry way are done at the moment. I still have to decorate the inside."

Elora: "Ok, maybe we can walk around the garden?"

Nicolas: "Yes, that is a great idea."

Elora: "The garden here at Sapphire Lake Manor is truly amazing, Nicolas, BRAVO!"

Nicolas: "Thank you, Elora."

Elora: "You are also an event promoter in SL. Can you tell me more about that?"

Nicolas: "Ahh yes, in the past I was a producer of The Royal Opera of Second Life. So now I have decided to get back on the stage at Coco Reserve. I have a Frank Sinatra tribute show coming up and that is only the start of many other shows I will create and make for the people in Second Life."



Elora: "Tell me a little more about Coco Reserve?"

Nicolas: "The lovely Coco Reserve is a secluded resort that is hidden on the Linden sea. We have many events for our tenants and visitors. We are an adult community of role players. The resort is meant to provide single people, and couples, a chance to mix and mingle with other open minded visitors and make new friends. Our events are usually themed, and there are little surprises in each one that leave our guests wanting more. Last week Telima ,a live singer, put on an amazing performance. I welcome everyone to visit Coco Reserve and talk to our friendly staff or tenants to learn more."

Elora: "Well, Nicolas, thank you for sharing a little with me and my viewers today. I look forward to your upcoming shows at Coco Reserve. Please invite me back when you are done with your home I would love to showcase your home for an inside home tour."

Nicolas; "Elora, it was my pleasure and thank you!"

1 comment:

  1. Well finally someone, to make a interview with Nicolas ! I know him for years and he is a really hard stone to be reachable. He don't speak much, he don't show any emotions, he is more how to be Sayed.. giving the impression of a some one that is unreachable, but he is god in his work! The shows that he made in the years, has given us a different opinion of divine and unbelievable how a one man can create something from the zero. I stayed surprised that he spoke for his title, because that is one man who is very earthly and never show that he is something more special then the others. I really enjoy his work, plus I'm very happy he return on stage ! Strange that he chose a small and unknown place like that i mean Coco, but ho know maybe with the time if he still keep to work in that place it will become one of the best places in Second Life. Great work of the journalist ! She really showed up the true side of Nicolas !

    ReplyDelete