8/08/2020

Season Change HUD - by Katya Qork

Recently, while searching for land, I came across a ginger kitty named Katya Qork. As it turned out, Katya was the owner of the sim.


Her beautifully landscaped parcels have a woodland/meadow theme, waterfront beach, and season changes.

That's right an actual change of season - summer / autumn / winter (controllable via HUD)  This includes ground texture changes. Katya created her season change HUD about 8 years ago. She said the hardest part is finding nice looking winter landscape items.



Without a custom HUD system like this, you would have to be an Estate Owner in order to change the ground texture of your land. I found this to be a wonderful feature for me as a new land owner. I have never had the ability before to change the season to meet my mood. I am already looking forward to fall and winter seasons, and now with Katya's HUD, I can enjoy a wintery snow in SL with one-click of the HUD. To use it, you simply wear Katya's custom HUD and select to change your seasons.

I was so impressed, that I sat down with Katya and asked her a few questions...

Elora: "Hi Katya, thank you for taking some time to talk with me and my readers, could you introduce yourself?"

Katya: "My name is Katya, and I've been landscaping and selling land in Second Life since about 2011."

Elora: "Katya, could you share how you got started landscaping?"

Katya: "For me, it started as a hobby, I found that I really loved creating realistic, natural looking locations. At first, they were just for me, and then for friends, but eventually I bought my first parcel of land specifically for the purpose of renting it to others - the idea being that the rent would pay for my own land. That went so well, that I actually made a small profit, and with the profit I bought and rented out a second parcel, and a third.

Over the course of many years, I slowly built up from having a single 1/16 sim to having 12 full sims, each of which is divided into anywhere between 4 and 12 private parcels. "Only 12 sims?" I hear you ask. Well, yes, I'm not a "Land Baron" by any means, my estate is very small - but I have 100+ (hopefully) happy customers at any given time, and a lot of those are repeat customers, coming and going on a regular basis, and many have become friends over the years."

"Elora: "What type of land do you offer?"

Katya: "I try to offer private little hideaways, with enough landscaping to make you feel at home, but with enough scope for you to add your own touches. You can terraform, and modify the existing landscaping, or you can return it all, and do your own thing. I'm also happy to help wherever I can."

Finally, I asked Katya what she is working on now, and she told me she will have a new sim available next week that she wants to open with 1/16 parcels.

So, if you like well landscaped, private land, at a reasonable price, come and take a look :)

Land office

Residential Land List 

  • Edit permissions (or return) for existing landscaping.
  • 1/16 sim (4096sqm),    1250 prims, L$1249/week
  • 1/8 sim   (8192sqm),     2500 prims, L$2499/week
  • 1/4 sim,  (16384sqm),  5000 prims, L$4999/week
  • Other sizes depending upon availability
  • 5% Discount if paying 4 weeks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment